-->

Monday, February 25, 2013

Ojon Volume Advance Haircare | Review

My hair is the biggest pain to style and maintain; I really dislike it. It's fine, it's limp, it goes greasy after a day and my hairline is something that would give Gretchen Weiners are run for her money! Over the years, I've tried and tested a gazillion products to boost my hair's overall appearance and make my hair routine less stressful. I was sent out these Ojon Volume Advance Conditioner* and Shampoo* products in December, and after two months of use I can see why there's such a hype built up around the brand. They're quite expensive for haircare; the shampoo being €24 and the conditioner being €26, however both bottles aren't even half empty yet since December. 
Do these products work? Are they worth the money? Yes and yes. The shampoo claims to "increase the volume of hair without weighing it down". That it does! After I blow dry my hair upside down after using this, my hair is noticeably volumised and lifted at the roots. It makes hair styling a lot easier, and make my hair look a lot less limp and flat. It smells beautiful, and you only need a small blob of it to work into the hair. My hair also doesn't get as greasy as quickly after using this shampoo, so I can usually get away with second day hair which is a bonus! My favourite thing about the shampoo though, is the 'salon feel' it gives me. After a thorough wash, my hair feels so light - that feeling I usually only get after a trip to the hairdressers! It's amazing, a definite confidence boost.
The condtioner pleasantly surprised me after use, as I was wondering how a volumising conditioner would work if I only applied it to my roots! However, it leaves the ends of my hair feeling light and fluffy. Fine hair is quite an annoyance, especially when conditioners end up weighing the ends of your hair down, thus making your hair look even flatter! This conditioner detangles brilliantly, and my split ends were less noticeable after around 2-3 weeks of use. I usually leave this on the ends of my hair for around 4-5 minutes. It smells beautiful - herbally and fresh. The scent lasts on the hair for quite some time also, which I like.
I'm extremely impressed with these products, as I rarely see massive results come from other volumising hair products I've used in the past. If you have fine and limp hair, give these a go - I'd recommend trying the shampoo first, as it gives the most noticeable results to my hair. There's more products in the Volume Advance range that I'd like to try, including the Volumising Styling Spray and Volumising Mousse. 

You can buy Ojon hair products online and in Arnotts, Dublin.

Have you tried Ojon products before? What are your favourite hair products?

14 comments:

  1. I've heard of this brand but I've never actually used something of it :) I might though, as soon as my other products are empty!

    Great post!

    XO
    scribblesofvalerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too expensive for me to buy but I would love to try it out in the future, sounds awesome.

    www.deenajayne.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I don't think Ojon is a cruelty free brand so I'll have to skip out on this one...

    I did love your Mean Girls reference though ahaha :)

    Lauren at inbetweenidols.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really nice, I am going to add it to my list of products I want to buy! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of this and I have gone to buy them but the price is what stopped me, Just for shampoo and conditioner its a bit steep :/ Maybe when I have a pay rise aha.

    Pipp xx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound great! i'm on the look out for a new shampoo but don't know if I could fork out that much!!

    Denise x
    Pretty*Petite*Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is on my list to buy for definite

    Dusterknuckles | I'm Having A Celine Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep hearing about Ojon, but I can't justify the cost! My hair has become awful recently though, I feel like it needs to be washed daily.

    Chloe - Very Lovely Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been hearing about this brand for age and I'm dying to try it! Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paul Mitchell have a range just like this, and it's great, you should check that out too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm currently using the ojon damage reverse shampoo and conditioner but I also have the volume shampoo and conditioner in smaller bottles and this is just reminded me I haven't even tried those ones yet! I'm going to use them next time I wash my hair! I've also use the full detox spray before which is like the ojon version of dry shampoo, it's lovely as it doesn't leave any of that white sticky residue that other dry shampoos leave, it's completely clear and refreshes your style! I don't think that particular product is worth how expensive it is though, it's not hair changing or anything Xx

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to buy these for my sister! It would be perfect for her! Thanks for posting this, really great help :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried this yet one.Is it good for the hair?What is the effect on that?



    haircare

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment..