-->

Monday, February 11, 2013

A|Wear Spring/ Summer '13 - Press Preview

I attended one of the last Spring/ Summer press preview days last week, in the gorgeous Merrion Hotel (where Lady Gaga stays when she's here touring, FYI). A|Wear have always been close to my heart - an Irish company that has spread overseas and has met great success; it's something to admire! Similar to a lot of other high street chains, A|Wear have really improved over the last few years. It's one of my go-to shops to pick up bags and accessories in particular, however I've been drawn to their clothes more and more over the last 2-3 seasons. I was so impressed with their Spring/ Summer collection, and these pieces cater for girls of all different styles, lifestyles and sizes. I love it!
The first bits to catch my eye, were the Lulu Guinness-inspired lip clutches and the black studded handbags scattered all around the room. I have my eye on the patent red lips bag in particular, along with the boxy studded bag - both under €35 and complete statement pieces! A|wear have always been a fantastic shop to go to for affordable handbags, and this coming season doesn't disappoint. Whether you like 50s-ladylike styles or slouchy faux-leather satchels, there's something there for you.
The clothing consisted of two main collections; Digital - "a modern approach to feminine daywear" and Mono Pop - "a twist on classic workwear." In typical S/ S '13 style; the 60s were everywhere! Chanel-inspired boxy tweed and floral two-pieces stood out for me - especially the Jackie O-esque pink jacket for €95. It's absolutely stunning and very well-made; an investment piece, that will last an eternity if looked after. Amongst the sixties gear was monochrome, Western-style denim and A|Wear's niche - festival clobber! I'm really excited about the upcoming pieces from A|Wear overall; I even managed to spot a pair of wedge sneakers that I actually liked!


Do you shop in A|Wear? Spot anything you like?

18 comments:

  1. I'm really loving the bags in this post :D Amazing!

    Great post!

    XO
    scribblesofvalerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Awear, I always pick up a few bargains in the sales and my favourite Mac is an Awear one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the look of the monochrome collection! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never bought anything from Awear before, but that lips bag looks amazing! <3

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the the bags, the studded black one especially :) I've never bought anything from A Wear but definitely going to have a look now! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am, hallo beautiful studded bag!! Come to mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those were trainer shoes! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that western style denim shirt, looks amazing! xx

    www.sophie-acrosstheuniverse.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving that black studded bag!!

    charityshopking.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bags, very unusual, Spesh the lips bag. Lovely post!

    Pipp xx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's some amazing pieces here, love the jacket!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here


    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the snakeskin lips clutch! X

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely loving the bags in this post! The black & white stripey dress is gorgeous too

    lisatakespictures xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the lips clutch. I always shop in Awear, I love their dresses:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These bags look amazing and the clothes. I love the striped dress :)


    http://youngblackcuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment..