-->

Friday, November 2, 2012

Diet Coke's Fashion Friday #2: Keep Warm This Winter!

Hi everyone! My second post for Diet Coke's Fashion Friday will be a "cool" take on the Mammy speech for keeping warm this Winter..
  • I used to always laugh at my Nana when she told me to wear thermal vests during Winter, I looked at their childishness with no interest whatsoever and then continued to venture outside and freeze. At the humble age of 19 however, I have definitely changed my mind on the subject. You can pick up packs of long-sleeved thermal vests in Penneys, Dunnes - you name it! They aren't the most attractive piece of clothing to wear, but you'll be glad of it under your top when you step outside in below 0 weather!
  • I wear tights under EVERYTHING; whether it be leggings, jeans, disco pants or another pair of tights. An extra pair of thermal tights go a long way! They keep your legs extra snug, and prevent you from catching chills whilst walking in the snow, or the freezing wind.
  • I don't need to tell you all about the importance of wearing hats, gloves and scarves but I seriously see such a lack of these necessities on people - especially men in their 20s, and teenage girls. Why that is, I do not know. Hats keep the warmth from escaping your body, gloves and scarves are quite self-explanatory and they'll save you from getting a 4 month long flu throughout the whole of Winter. I recommend getting woolen scarves, lined furry hats and faux leather gloves. You can still be fashionable, whilst keeping warm!
  • Bring an extra cardigan out with you, even it's a flimsy €5 one from Penneys. Roll it up, and pop it in your handbag and it could save you from getting the chills on a night out. That extra layer is a lifesaver, and they take up no room at all in your handbag.
  • Avoid jumping into the sea mid-November, in a wedding dress. Not that I've ever done that for a photoshoot.. 


*I'm one of four bloggers to write for Diet Coke's Fashion Friday. The monthly posts are published on both my blog, and the Fashion Friday tab on the Diet Coke Facebook page to 1.9 million people. 





3 comments:

  1. This is a great post - I wear tights under literally EVERYTHING as well xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im all for snug and war, hate the cold I do!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment..