-->

Friday, September 28, 2012

Return Of The Fringe!


Afternoon ladies! I realise I'm posting for the second time today, but I just cannot hold my love for my new fringe in any longer! If you follow me on my other websites, you've probably seen pictures of my new Bettie fringe already. I've wanted a classic rockabilly fringe for years; I never thought it'd be possible to achieve the thickness and perfection of one with my fine hair, but alas..
There is one little secret I've been hiding from you all however. The fringe is fake! It's a clip-in fringe, made from real human hair and it has clips attached to it to secure into place. I know some of you might be slightly annoyed at me for tricking you, but I was just curious to see if anyone would cop on! Nobody has so far, so it just proves how realistic the fringe is. 
I got the fringe from HairTrade.com, a website selling a heap of hair products from hair extensions, to masks, to tools - you name it! The fringe originally comes with quite a longer, blunt cut with longer layers at the side. I cut mine myself, into a Bettie Page 1940s style.  The fringe is available in a heap of colours - the one I chose was Jet Black, to blend in with my natural hair of course. They're priced at around €30, which is an absolute bargain considering how great the quality of the fringe is. You're able to style it how you want, with heated tools etc. 
I genuinely can't put into words how much confidence this fringe has given me! I'm so paranoid about my fine hair, and especially the irritating baby hairs along my forehead and hairline. This is a fantastic way for people with fine hair, to achieve looks they wouldn't necessarily been able to achieve before. It's feels fantastic having the option of having a fringe, without actually having to cut my own hair itself. 

For more information and a demo, watch my video below!


28 comments:

  1. The fringe looks amazing! I'm so tempted to buy one now...
    You have a lovely bone structure.

    Sara
    www.sarawears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally brilliant!! If i didnt look about 12 with a fringe i would consider it!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of cutting in a fringe but I think it'll look too kiddy on me! I'd try this if it wasn't for the fact my hair it super sun bleached right now on the roots! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really did think that the fringe was real and it looks amazing!



    Sarah x
    http://takemyscars.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd LOVE to try one of these... is it obvious it's fake without the headband? Or would you recommend always using a headband with one of these? Either way, with one it definitely looks real!

    Also love that you are a grown up with braces on your teeth just like me. At 24 with a mouth full of metal I always feel like I'm the only one! heehee :-)

    Dayner x fashion, jewellery & lifestyle blog | mozzypop.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's absolutely gorgeous on you! You'd never know it was fake! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a cows lick thin too.. I got a full fringe once, looked great in the hairdressers, next day straightened it, after about 5 mins, it split and curled.. I never wore it again:/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It suits you & your style so much! Looks gorgeous x
    http://britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Literally never would have guessed! Looks great :-) xo

    http://iamncxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so amazing! I really want a fringe but have curly hair so I wouldn't want to straighten it every day. This looks like the perfect solution!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely wouldn't have known it was a fake! My partner and I just watched you video - we think you're fab! "feck it!"
    Claire xx
    www.prettywithapunch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. it looks amazinggg! when I saw it on InstaGram I didn't know it was fake! I'd TOTALLLLY try this!



    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally thought it was real!

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so good! Beautiful photo :)x

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg that is crazy!! it looks so real! haha i believed u had got it cut.. but it suits you so much! amazing! :)
    xx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so gorgeous on you! I'm dying to get my hair cut like that now but it'd probably look hideous on me haha. Would love to see some pics of you wearing the fringe with your hair down too :)

    http://callmeconboy.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing look Leanne!
    Which eyeliner do you use by the way? Your make up always looks flawless

    Amy x

    www.lipstickblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the fringe. it really suits you and it is great that it gives you so much confidence. if you hate your thin hair have you tried using hair extentions? not to extend your hair obviously but just to thiken it up?!
    love
    danix

    ReplyDelete
  20. a fake fringe! oh my god thats genius!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment..