-->

Friday, August 10, 2012

Outfit of the Day - Leopard Print & Vintage Denim

|| Lookbook ||

Morning everyone! I compiled an array of outfits last week, in a mini Lookbook shoot. Everything from casual to formal, so hopefully it gives you all a tad bit of inspiration and whatnot over the next few days. The outfit above was my far my favourite, no doubt! It's very me; it's comfortable and it's edgy. All of the ingredients you need for a Leanne Woodfull look! It's very 90s skater inspired, and can be worn by everyone and anyone by altering a few bits here and there to suit your own taste.
Leopard print is a key print I constantly wear, I've been obsessed with it since I was a young'un. Leopard print is an essential print to have in your wardrobe - whether it be on a dress or a scarf. It can instantly jazz up an outfit, and can be worn either casually or formally. Wear one piece of leopard-print, so you don't over-do it or make the look tacky (Pat Butcher), introduce small pieces into your collection one by one if you're a bit wary of wearing it at first.
There's nothing I love more than a pair of vintage Levi shorts, comfy shoes and a biker-chic top. Typically I'd opt for a band tee with this look, but I thought this leopard-print top was actually perfect. It's advertised as a dress on the Oasap site, however it's far too short at the hem to be a dress and it just barely covers my bum! I'm 5"2, so trust me - if it doesn't cover my bum, it won't cover yours! It'd be ideal to wear with thick leggings, certainly, but do NOT wear this as a dress unless you want everyone to see your bits'n'bobs (never sexy). 
Accessories-wise, I kept things simple by wearing one choker that I nabbed for a euro in the Topshop sales last year. It adds my signature edge to the overall casual look and suits the neckline of the top perfectly.

Top // Oasap
Shorts // Vintage Levi's @ Fresh
Shoes // Vans @ Office
Choker // Topshop
Lipstick // Passionate @ Lush
Belt // Vintage

24 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit, the necklace is gorgeous I could never pull off something like that x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've pulled the dress off as a top -- and I love the lipstick you've got on in this post too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great, the necklace makes it so badass!
    http://amyvalentinex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top (dress) looks amazing, you can never beat a bit of leopard print! I definitely need a new pair of Vans now. You look gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always surprised that I don't own any leopard print... This much be changed!
    http://ohmyolivia.blogspot.com/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The choker really completes the look! I always do that with dresses, being tall a fair amount of dresses end up being waaaay too short, it's a clever move so you don't feel like it was a waste of money xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit, it looks great!!

    Lana, xo
    fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous in that outfit Leanne ! You pull off vans really well as well, I really want to get myself a pair.
    xo

    http://iamncxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing!
    I would never have the confidence to pull something like this off, I admire you for it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your legs look amazing and I agree this outfit is just so you. Perfect styling as always Leanne,

    Chloe xo

    stylethroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved how you pulled off that leopard print outfit! I still can't think of a way to add some leopard print to an ensemble, maybe I'll try with small pieces as you said (:

    Greets from Mexico!


    TheBeautyandGorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vintage Levi's and leopard print is one of my favourite looks ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you actually have the most amazing legs ever! and your skin looks really good here. I love that belt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well this is all kindsa gorgeous. I need that top!

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this outfit :)

    xoxoox

    http://califbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks absolutely amazing, I'm SO jealous of your legs! :O

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. this look is gorgeous, lovely post! if you get a sec, i have a new post up, would love to now what you think of it!

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got a skirt from Oasap and it's about the length of my bra. Seriously, shortest skirt in existence!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhh. I love you style. Til this day you're still the only person i seen that can pull off a choker so well.
    http://tinyurl.com/Bitter5weet

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the choker! Why do places advertise tops as dresses?! You'd want to be mad in the head to wear them without leggings or shorts. That's a lovely one, I love leopard print x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving the outfit! Your eyes look amazing too! :)

    Natasha Carly x
    http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look amazing, as always! :)


    Savannah :)
    http://savannahbethhh.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment..