-->

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

M.A.C Strobe Cream - Review

Evening! Sorry I've been posting all over the place over the last week or so peeps, my internet connection is appalling (damn you Vodafone) and we're currently trying to fix that problem. It's driving me nuts! I haven't reviewed a M.A.C product in quite a while, so I thought I'd do one today as I know most of my readers are M.A.C-obsessed! Personally, I'm not M.A.C obsessed at all, unlike the majority of the beauty blogger world. I have a small enough collection of their products (in comparison to some people) and have never been absolutely amazed by any of their products before. I went on an impulsive M.A.C spending spree last month however, picking up a good few bits that have been on my wishlist for months.
One of the items I picked up, was their famous Strobe Cream. I picked up the full size 50ml tube for €31.50. I was really apprehensive about spending that amount of money on a highlighter, but the sales assistant convinced me it would be an investment and that it would last me at least a year, if not longer. I've been using it regularly since I purchased it, and I am happy with it. I find myself happy with the majority of M.A.C products I buy, but never over the moon with them so to speak! I never repurchase products from them (expect for this) and I find myself reaching for my high street alternatives instead, constantly.
Don't get me wrong, the cream is good. It's lovely to mix in with your foundation, to lighten the consistency and to add a healthy sheen to the face. It's nice to pat over your foundation, to give a natural hightlight to the facial features or all over to add a glow on top of your foundation. It instantly brightens up the face, so it is great to apply over your moisturiser even if you're not wearing any makeup. It's moisturising and does set into the skin quite quickly, which I like. However, for over €30 I just don't see myself ever repurchasing this item and as I said before, it's not something I've absolutely fallen head over heels in love with.
I find with a lot of M.A.C products, there's so much hype built up around them that when I buy something, my expectations are almost too high and I'm left feeling disappointed? I've one or two other M.A.C products to review from my haul, that I've also been disappointed with unfortunately. I just find myself always thinking that so and so was a waste of money, and that I could of saved a few euro by buying a high street alternative. My favourite highlighter at the moment is Lush's 'Feeling Younger' from their new Emotional Brilliance makeup line. It's half the price of Strobe Cream, and it does more or less the exact same thing. 
I know a ton of people swear by this product and a lot of other M.A.C products that I've bought, due to the hype surrounding them. I just find myself feeling slightly indifferent about this product. I like it, but it isn't anything special to me and especially not for the price. All I can say is "meh".

Do you like Strobe Cream? Has a M.A.C product ever disappointed you?

12 comments:

  1. I don't own alot of MAC Products I think they're not worth the money some times! but the satin lipsticks did disapoint me! They're not as creamy as I'd of liked them to be! Love this review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about buying this for a while now but I wasn't sure if it would live up to all of Benefit's lovely highlighters. I hate it when products are too hyped up xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been that impressed by any Mac products and the only product I've ever repurchased is stars n rockets eyeshadow. I find I prefer drug store products or ingot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're definitely right.. MAC products aren't bad but they really aren't all they're cracked up to be.

    http://eabhaelliott.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only ones I'm ever impressed by are the Matte Lipsticks. I once made the mistake of buying a foundation, and, being very pale like you, it looked so dark on me, despite the so-called artist promising me it was perfect. But if they did, say, an NC10, it would suit me perfectly because it was a very good product if you discount the shade!

    libertinelips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh i want to try this, if only there was a slightly smaller bottle eh :P

    http://sophierosehearts.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was always tempted by this but I appreciate your honest review! Meh! :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried it once and wasn't exactly bowled over either, I feel like it might be nice on holidays though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this in my kit. I use it as a primer on dry skin and its gorgeous. But not on anyone even slightly oily! I think its good for MUAS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried this but I would give it a good try. If it was a free sample. I would'nt pay that price for a strobe cream, as you said there are better or the same creams out there cheaper!

    http://beauty-fashion-crush.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup, some of the notable brands out there are just overhyped. We will be surprised to know that some relatively drug store are good and can substitute. ~ best acne treatment

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment..