-->

Friday, July 27, 2012

Vineyard Peach Body Butter & Scrub - Review

 Morning all, and Happy Friday - this week flew in, eh? I have a scrumptious review for you all on two gorgeous new products from The Body Shop. I was sent out the new Vineyard Peach body butter and body scrubs to test out, and oh my goodness.. yum x100! These are dangerous products; you will want to eat them. Seriously.
I've always been aware of The Body Shop's body butters before, and have always had a play around with them any time I pop into the shop. However, I've never actually owned one! I know, it's weird. I'm delighted to have finally been able to try one out at home for myself, and I can honestly say I am now an official body butter maniac! I want them ALL. The texture is just like butter - thick and creamy. It glides effortlessly on to the skin and sinks in straight-away. It moisturises brilliantly, and the scent lingers on the skin for a good while after application. It claims to offer 24 hours hydration, and is especially good for dry skin
I use the body scrub once or twice a week, all over my body for a deep cleanse and exfoliation. It's fantastic to use on the thighs and bum cheeks (oh la), as exfoliating helps to reduce the appearance of stretch marks over time. I unfortunately have stretch marks scattered everywhere, I'm tremendously self-conscious over them so hopefully this scrub will improve the appearance of them a little. (If you guys want a post/ video on reducing the appearance of stretch marks and scarring - let me know in the comments!) It's also brilliant to use just before shaving, as it completely gets rid of any flaky dead skin on the surface. I use a loofah to exfoliate with, but your hands would be just as good if you want a gentler cleanse. If you use the scrub and body butter with each other, the smell lingers for ages on your skin. I adore it!
The peachy scent from both of these products is absolutely divine, they both smell exactly like peach and will have you sniffing at them repeatedly throughout the day. The body scrub smells a tad sweeter than the body butter, almost like almond icing. Peach was never a scent I particularly went for, but I did always like it. I think I'm a tad hooked now..
The Body Shop are releasing their new Vineyard Peach collection this September, so keep your eyes peeled and definitely give them a try in the shops! I highly recommend both of these products.

Have you ever tried a Body Shop body butter or scrub? What's your favourite?

15 comments:

  1. I can imagine the smell . yammy...
    And yay for a video!

    http://creepyvanityfair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I love the strawberry body butter, it's lush! But you always have to resist the temptation to lick your arm... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound delish! I love body shop butters and scrubs, coconut is my fave! Or Satsuma! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this sounds like it would smell amazing! Would also love to see a post on stretchmarks. I'm always really self conscious of mine as well. Nx

    http://londonramblers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peach scents so much, i might just have to get these ! Also a post on stretchmarks would be good as im also rather self conscious of mine too!

    http://sophierosehearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking at getting one of these for awhile, and I might just have to now! Your reviews are always so great. I actually bought a solid shampoo bar after you talked about them and LOVE them! :) Thank you!

    Also, I'd love a post on stretch marks, because I have them on my bum and would love to get rid of them.

    xoxo
    http://lifeismymovie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, you're totally luring me in. These are the BOMB. I have the Morrocan Rose body butter and it's simply divine. Lovely. I can't get over how much I adore it. I need to pick up some more when I run out...:)

    - Samantha
    http://samlovesmakeup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a coconut one that someone gave me at Christmas, it's so nice! A stretch mark post would be great x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my god leanne could you please do something about stretch marks? im so self conscious of mine :c just out of curiosity, have you ever used bio oil? i heard its good but i dont want to splurge on it yet as it is quite expensive. any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated! thank you c:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love a video on hiding stretch marks and scars as i have both and am very self concious. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love their body butters - they are divine! Will defo keep an eye out for these =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the body shop scrubs + butters, I have sooo many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stretch mark video/post please, please, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the body shop butters, they're so nice. i haven't tried peach but i will definitely give it a go. the strawberry one is my current favourite xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment..